Berlin Bars and Clubs
Regardless of your nightlife tastes, Berlin has a wide variety of pubs, clubs and bars for you to choose from – and all you have to do is venture out.
Bars in Berlin
If you have a weakness for loud places, a good place to start your Berlin adventure would be at the aptly named Black Box Music Club, located at Bachstrasse S Bahn Bogen 475, 10555 Berlin – a place known for great live music and a lively crowd. For more information on what is going on at the Black Box club, you can call the club’s bar hotline at 0172 490 2219 or call 0174 297 6461 for live music bookings.
You can also catch more live music at the Junction Bar located at Gneisenaustr. 18 in Kreuzberg Berlin, which is a good place to go if you want to catch live music from some of Berlin’s local bands.
Another good and loud place in Berlin is the Musik-Szene e.V, located at Knaackstr. 95, 10435 Berlin. You can contact them at 030 44 19577.
If you like heavy rock music, a good place for you to explore Berlin’s rock and pop would be at Columbiahalle at Columbiadamm 13-21, 10965 Berlin in Tempelhof, a place known for its heavy rock and pop music.
On the other hand, if jazz music is your thing, you can try out the Quasimodo – one of the city’s oldest jazz clubs, which has recently relaxed its usually jazz-only standards to accommodate other music genres, while still maintaining its distinction as a jazz club. Quasimodo is to be found at Kantsrt. 12A, 10623 Berlin in Charlottenburg and can be reached at 030 312 8086. You can also visit Quasimodo’s website (www.quasimodo.de) for more information on the club.
A good choice of a discotheque in Berlin would be the ‘Club and Discothek Haus B,’ located at am Warschaeur Platz 18, 10245 Berlin in Friedrichshain. You can learn more about what’s happening at Club and Discothek Haus by visiting the club’s website (www.dashausb.de) or by calling 030 6231305.
If you enjoy music, but prefer a quiet scene, Berlin has something for you in the form of a ‘quiet music club’ – the LUX, which boasts the quietest entertainment in Kreuzberg. Located at Schlesische Strasse 41, 10997 Berlin, LUX has a policy that keep their music entertainment at a pre-determined decibel level; however, the music is still great, and you can catch anything fromlive bands to indie and pretty much everything in between. You can learn more about the LUX by visiting the club’s website – www.lux-berlin.net.
Bohannon Club Berlin – located at Dircksenstrasse 40, 10178 Berlin – is another notable music club in Berlin that plays a wide variety of music at rather tolerable volumes on most nights.
Pubs in Berlin
If you are more interested in getting a drink, rather than listening to music, a pub would surely be a good place for you. For instance, you could try:
- Victoria Bar at Potsdamer Strasse 102, 10785 Berlin. You can find out more about Berlin’s Victoria Bar by calling 030 2575 9977 or visiting the bar’s website athttp://www.victoriabar.de/.
- Le Bar du Paris, located at Kantstrasse 152, 10623 Berlin is another notable bar in Berlin. For more information n Le Bar du Paris, visit the bar’s website athttp://www.parisbar.net/ or call 030 313 80 52. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an American visiting Berlin, you might consider paying a visit to Harry’s New York Bar at Lutzowufer 15, 10785 Berlin. Call 030 25478 8633 for more information on what to expect from Harry’s New York Bar.
- The Kilkenny Irish Pub Gmbh on the S-Bahnhof Hackescher Markt on Am Zwirngraben 17-20, 10178 Berlin in Mitte. For more information on what to expect at the Kilkenny Irish Pub, call 030 283 2084, send an email to email@example.com or simply visit the pub’s website at http://www.kilkenny-pub.de/index.php?location=kilkenny-pub-berlin-mitte&page=home.
- The Kilkenny Irish pub has a sister pub called Irish Harp Pub Berlin in Charlotennburg. Located at Giesebrechtstrasse 15, 10629 Berlin, the Irish Harp Pub promises you great Irish and German beers and ales.
- Murray’s Irish Bar in the Kreuzberg surburb is your typical Irish bar. Located at Erkelenzdamm 49, 10999 Berlin in Kreuzberg, Murray’s Irish bar promises a great drinking experience. Learn more about Murray’s bar by visiting the bar’s website athttp://www.murraysbar.de/ or call 030 22495054.
- The Blarney Irish Pub is yet another notable Irish pub in Berlin. Found at Methfesselstr. 4, 10965 Berlin, Blarney Irish pub is a good place to down a pint as you watch live sports. For more information on the Blarney Irish Pub call 030 7889825.
So ,whatever your taste in bars, pubs and clubs, Berlin is sure to have something you will enjoy.